Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Nixon's Birthday

 Today is Richard Nixon's 100th birthday. And all I think about is how in Watchmen he sent Dr Manhattan to Vietnam, thus really affecting history and repealing the 22nd amendment. (Apparently, he was chosen as a way to savagely mock Reagan, as Alan Moore said "No one is going to argue that Nixon is scum", or something like that, which is funny because I was going on CNN, which had an article about how Nixon could be a new model for the GOP, but anyway I'm getting off topic.) What was I talking about? Oh yes, Watchmen. I wonder what G. Gordon Liddy would react to how he was the inspiration for the Comedian? Probably by assassinating Alan Moore. Anyway, that makes me wonder what would happen if you gave criminals copies of Watchmen, how would they react? Would they slam it for being unsympathetic or inaccurate to criminal life? And who would win in a fistfight, Stan Lee or some blogger guy who sits all day reading comcis then saying the comics suck and that he is great?
Ed. note: Sorry, I was playing backgammon with Khloe Kardashian, someone called me to edit this post? I'd love to, but I'm on break.

No comments:

Post a Comment