Monday, January 7, 2013

Thoughts on the late 60s and today

Been reading a book on my shelf of journalism during the Vietnam War, and as I reached the section on domestic turmoil, I couldn't help but think of how different it is to about 2012 to 2013. Like how construction workers, nicknamed "hard hats", were able to go around in New York and smash in the faces of students, and rather than arrested, they became a political force. Or the backlash to the Kent State shooting, where citizens wrote in and suggested vigilante action against anyone with long hair. Representations of the people being fought in the far-off, great, I lost my train of thought, I swear I had more. Oh well, I leave you with this post.
Edit: Also, how blue-collar workers brawled right when their jobs would become obsolete with robots? Nope, now I'm trying to tap a well without water. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment